All our rooms are non-smoking rooms
Terms and conditions / Cancellation conditions
In case of cancellation of the booking before arrival or in case of premature termination of the booked stay, the following cancellation costs are to be paid: Up to 1 week before arrival at 20% of the booked stay. Up to 3 days before arrival at 40% of the booked stay. During the last day before arrival, at 90% of the booked stay.
Free of Charge Cancellation:
Free cancellation can be made up to 2 weeks before arrival.
General Terms and Conditions
I. Scope of Application
1. These Terms and Conditions shall apply to contracts for the rental of hotel rooms for lodging purposes and all other services and deliveries provided by the hotel for the customer.
2. The subletting or re-letting of the rooms provided and their use for purposes other than accommodation shall require the hotel’s prior written consent, whereby Section 540 para. 1, sentence 2 of the German Civil Code (BGB) is waived insofar as the customer is not a consumer.
3. The customer’s general terms and conditions shall only apply if this has been expressly agreed in writing in advance.
II. Conclusion of contract, contracting parties; limitation period
1. The contract shall come into force upon the hotel’s acceptance of the customer’s application. At its discretion, the hotel may confirm the room reservation in writing.
2. The contracting parties are the hotel and the customer. If a third party has placed an order on behalf of the customer, the third party shall be liable to the hotel together with all obligations under the contract, provided that the hotel has received a corresponding declaration from the third party.
3. All claims against the hotel shall become statute-barred after one year from the beginning of the knowledge-dependent regular limitation period of § 199 para. 1, of the German Civil Code (BGB). Claims for damages shall become statute-barred after five years, irrespective of knowledge. The reductions in the statute of limitations do not apply to claims based on the hotel’s intentional or grossly negligent breach of duty.
III. Services, prices, payment, offsetting
1. The hotel shall be obliged to keep the rooms booked by the customer available and to provide the agreed services.
2. The customer is obligated to pay the applicable or agreed prices of the hotel for the provision of the rooms and other services used by the customer. This also applies to services and expenses of the hotel to third parties arranged by the customer.
3. The agreed prices include the respective statutory value-added tax.
4. The hotel may also change the prices if the customer subsequently requests changes in the number of rooms booked, the hotel’s services, or the guests’ length of stay, and the hotel agrees. > Supplement by booking provision/house rules
IV. Withdrawal by the customer (i. e. cancellation) / non-utilisation of the hotel’s services
1. Cancellation by the customer of the contract concluded with the hotel requires the hotel’s written consent. If such permission is not given, the agreed price under the contract shall be payable even if the customer does not avail himself of contractual services. This shall not apply in the event of a breach of the hotel’s obligation to show consideration for the rights, legal owned assets and interests of the customer if the customer can no longer reasonably be expected to adhere to the contract as a result or if the customer is entitled to any other statutory or contractual right of rescission.
2. If the hotel and the customer have agreed in writing on a date for withdrawal from the contract free of charge, the customer may withdraw from the contract up to that date without triggering any claims for payment or damages on the part of the hotel. The customer’s right of withdrawal shall expire if he does not exercise his right of withdrawal in writing vis-à-vis the hotel by the agreed date unless a case of withdrawal by the customer according to number 1, sentence 3 exists.
3. In the case of rooms not used by the customer, the hotel shall offset the income from renting the rooms to other parties and the expenses saved.
4. The hotel shall be free to demand the contractually agreed remuneration and make a flat-rate deduction for saved expenses. The customer is obliged to pay at least 90% of the contractually agreed price for overnight accommodation.
V. Withdrawal of the hotel
1. If the customer’s right to withdraw from the contract free of charge within a certain period of time has been agreed in writing, the hotel shall be entitled for its part to withdraw from the contract within this period of time if there are requests from other customers for the contractually reserved rooms and the customer does not waive his right to withdraw from the contract upon inquiry by the hotel.
2. If an agreed advance payment or an advance payment demanded above according to clause III no. 6 is not made even after the expiry of a reasonable grace period set by the hotel, the hotel shall also be entitled to withdraw from the contract.
> Addition by booking provision/house rules
1. Furthermore, the hotel shall be entitled to withdraw from the contract extraordinarily for objectively justified reasons, for example, if
- force majeure or other circumstances for which the hotel is not responsible make it impossible to fulfil the contract;
- rooms are booked under misleading or false information of essential facts, e.g. in the person of the customer or the purpose;
- The hotel has reasonable grounds to assume that the use of the hotel service may jeopardise the smooth operation of the business, the security or the hotel’s reputation in public without this being attributable to the hotel’s sphere of control or organisation.
- There is a breach of clause I no. 2 above.
2. In the event of justified withdrawal by the hotel, the customer shall have no claim to compensation. > Supplement by booking provision/house rules.
VI. Room provision, handover and return
1. Booked rooms shall be available to the customer from 15:00 on the agreed day of arrival.
2. On the agreed day of departure, the rooms must be vacated and made available to the hotel no later than 12:00 noon.
3. The exclusive place of jurisdiction – also for disputes concerning cheques and bills of exchange – in commercial transactions shall be the registered office of the hotel. If a contracting party fulfils the prerequisite of Section 38 para. 2 of the German Code of Civil Procedure (ZPO) and does not have a general place of jurisdiction in Germany, the place of jurisdiction shall be the registered office of the hotel.
4. German law shall apply. The application of the UN Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods and the conflict of laws shall be excluded.
5. Should individual provisions of these General Terms and Conditions for Hotel Accommodation be or become invalid or void, this shall not affect the validity of the remaining provisions. Otherwise, the statutory provisions shall apply.
VII Liability of the hotel
1. The hotel shall be liable for the customer’s property brought into the hotel in accordance with the statutory provisions, i.e. up to one hundred times the room rate up to a maximum of € 3,500 and for cash, securities and other valuables up to an amount of € 800. Liability claims expire if the customer does not notify the hotel immediately after becoming aware of the loss, damage or destruction of property.
2. The hotel assumes no responsibility for items brought into the hotel room by the guest and therefore accepts no liability for the fate of these items. This applies in particular to valuables. Please note that the hotel does not provide facilities for the safe storage of items in a hotel safe or room safe. Therefore, any items taken into the hotel are at the guest’s own risk. The hotel further accepts no responsibility for luggage, bags or other items left in rooms or designated luggage storage areas after a guest’s departure for collection at a later time or date.
3. Insofar as a parking space is made available to the customer in the hotel car park, this does not constitute a safekeeping contract, even in return for payment. The hotel shall not be liable for loss of or damage to motor vehicles parked or manoeuvred on the hotel’s premises or their contents, except in cases of intent or gross negligence.
4. Objects or materials left in the generally accessible rooms, technical facilities, and hotel common rooms shall not be deemed to have been brought into the hotel.
VIII. Hotel smoking policy
The hotel is a non-smoking hotel. Smoking is therefore prohibited in the public areas of the hotel as well as in the guest rooms. In the event of a violation, the hotel is entitled to charge guests EUR 350.00 as compensation for the additional cleaning costs incurred as well as for lost profit if the hotel is unable to sublet the room in question. This also applies to possible fire brigade intervention costs if a guest’s smoking triggers a fire alarm. The compensation cost shall be set higher or lower if the hotel proves that the cost of damage is higher or the customer proves that it is lower.